Books on mathematical culture.
- Flatland by Edwin A. Abbott.
See also Mathematical Fiction, an online database of references to mathematics in works of fiction.
- Théorème vivant by Cédric Villani (self-biographical).
- Perfect Rigor: A Genius and the Mathematical Breakthrough of the Century by Mahsa Gessen. A biography of Grisha Perelman.
Comics and graphic novels
- Logicomix. A story about the fundaments of mathematics.
- L'equation du millenaire, by Camille Bouvard and Léonidas Herrera. About the Navier-Stokes equations. In French.
- Enigma. La strana vita di Alan Turing, by Tuono Pettinato and Francesca Riccioni. In Italian.
- Last lecture at Göttingen, by Davide Osenda. Original in Italian, English translation. Creative Commons.
- Les rêveurs lunaires, by Edmond Baudoin and Cédric Villani.
- Feynmann, by Jim Ottaviani and Leland Myrick.
- The thrilling adventures of Lovelace & Babbage, by Sidney Padua.
- Comics & Science (Italy)
- ERC comics.
- Savoir sans frontières, by Jean-Pierre Petit. In particular Le Géométricon and Le Topologicon. In French and multiple languages.