World of Mathematics
World of Mathematics is a math museum in Saint Petersburg (Russia). The museum opened on October 26, 2014, coinciding with a celebration of Martin Gardner birth centennial (Oct 21).
- Martin Gardner's Day (October 2014). The Day included a presentation about Gardner, mathematical cafe, where the menu offered various Gardner problems to feed one's braing, and the exhibition of Gardner's books in Russian, which were also offered for sale.
- Second annual Pi Day (March 14, 2015). The museum's guests were offered a variety of mathematical games (for younger kids) and more elaborated math problem solving activities (for middle and high school students).
- Presentation of the museum (March 2015) to more than 300 educators, who participated in the 5th annual International Educational Forum in St. Petersburg.
- Series of engineering master classes (winter and spring 2015) for the kids of 7-12 years of age, as a part of the museum's goal to be more involved in STEM education in Russia.
- First children birthday party on the premises of the museum (January of 2015). This genre turned out to be quite successful. Kids helped pirates to find a treaure by solving math puzzles and problems.
- Throughout the 2014-15 school year; first museum objects made by students: Leonardo Bridge, Klein bottle, Moebius Strip, and several wooden conundrums.
- Traveling exhibition of the museum (June-July 2015), as a part of the all-Russia STEM summer school.